Monday, September 9, 2013

The Summer of Two


Things that I always want to remember about this summer:

1. How Little Miss says "Popsicle". A very confused friend asked me why my daughter was asking for a pocketbook.

2. Pretending to drown at the pool so lifeguard will save her. 

3. Having tea parties in her playhouse. It's amazing how anything she wanted would come out of the faucet in her playhouse. Even watermelon :) 

4. How when Josh and I would go into another room and come back 2 min later she would hug us and say "I miss you." Sometimes we didn't even leave the room at all. 

5. As I am writing this Little Miss climbed behind me and said "Me check diaper." Then pulled at my shorts and  said "No poopy. All clean". Then pats my back and says "Good Mommy."  

6. At her birthday putting her hands on her cheeks and shouting "Oh My Gosh". At a present. I believe it was Aunt Katie's Rapunzel Doll and matching dress that did the trick. 

7. Her first kiss, which was with her friend from church. It was in the church parking lot and possibly one of the most adorable things I have ever seen. I told her to say "Good-bye" to him and she gave him a hug, then grabbed his cheeks and planted a huge kiss on his lips. Usually her kisses are followed by an "I love you". To be honest  I can't remember if this particular one did or not, but when I tell the story when she is 16 years old you bet that I'm including the "I love you".

8. The pool - Her beaming face when she went down the toddler slide, how much she loved watering everyone's legs, swimming and blowing bubbles in the water.

9. When I ask her to go to bed and she says "No Mommy. Dance!!" and starts dancing around the living room. 

No comments:

Post a Comment