Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Hello to Summer

Ahh....It's summer.

There's really nothing new at the Blom house. We are remodeling our kitchen (pics to come soon), but I am enjoying summer. The last month of school was busy, as usual. I love all of the end of the year hustle and bustle. I also love how it comes to a screeching halt. It doesn't taper off, slowly die down. The end-of-the-year checklist has us going a hundred miles a minute. Then, June 6th, it all stops.

These last two weeks have been dreamy, so far. We go to the pool any day it is sunny and above 70 (three days so far), Little Miss plays outside more than inside. Playdates, the library (her favorite book is Aliens Love Underpants) and strawberry picking, complete with tractor rides! She is having a blast and everyday she convinces me more and more that she is a joyful child and delightful daughter.

An added bonus of our busy days? Long naps. I'm talking about 2.5-3 hours of quiet time. I've finally gotten caught up on laundry, organizing and cleaning! Our bathroom is sparkling and the Little One's closet is organized. I also made strawberry jam! I felt like I reached a whole new level of homemaker with that achievement. Salsa is up next! The little one loves helping me in the garden and has a great time pointing out our tiny "baby" peppers and tomatoes. She is quite the helper in the garden. Well, sometimes a helper and sometimes she just likes to tease Luke with the hose.

I love that Morton is starting to feel like home. I love running into people we know at the pool, library, restaurants and the grocery store. Those are the things that make you feel like you are part of a community. Our house is continually changing and we have lots of projects and remodeling going on, but I have to admit that Josh is making true on this promise to turn this house into my dream home.

So, no new news here, just loving the time with Josh and that perfect little girl. I am soaking up all the sunshine, and quality time with my favorite almost 3 year-old. I am so thankful I have a career where I can get this time with her. Life is so good in the summer.

She is a little fishy!

Strawberry picking - perfect way to start summer. 


No comments:

Post a Comment